Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Looser GED rules encouraging carelessness?

Over the last few months, I have noticed a large increase in students taking the GED Test with no preparation.  I have heard, "I know I'm going to fail" and "I just started studying last week, Lol" and I have received the question "I am taking the test tomorrow morning, any tips?"

Tips?  Tips?  Are you kidding me?  There are people out there who would trust their future to tips?

No wonder only 85,000 people passed the GED Test last year.  In the old model, the scores were averaged and a higher test score could help a lower test score.  In most places, you had to take the test in 4-5 hour blocks.  You also had to pay for the entire test at one time in most states.

Now you can take one test at a time and pay for one test at a time.  I wonder if these looser rules are encouraging people to be careless and "just try it out," sensing less risk.

My encouragement to you is to actually prepare for this test.  Don't leave your future to "tips" and "Lol," instead, get real help and be prepared!

The video below is the GED Video of the Week.  It is on Percents.  

Bird Problem #1 - Percent from Damon Tinnon on Vimeo.







GED® Teacher Damon Tinnon is a credentialed Adult Education Teacher in the State of California and teaches GED®Preparation in the beautiful Napa Valley. Tinnon has helped hundreds of students pass the GED®through his local class and has influenced thousands through his straightforward and motivating teaching style over the internet! Visit us at www.mygedlive.com

1 comment:

  1. I have heard this too. Cra-ZY!!! I'll just keep taking the SCience till I pass it. Or some other subject. I don't think it's easy to explain that scoring will get harder not easier.

    ReplyDelete